Dr. Dean Morgan is our surgeon on staff. He is board certified with the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (ACVS). Our facility consists of a padded induction/recovery room that adjoins our surgical suite.
Once anesthetized, your horse is closely monitored by a trained anesthetist using state-of-the art equipment including an EKG, pulse oximetry, direct blood pressure monitoring, and blood gas analysis. Our anesthetic machines are equipped with ventilators, suitable for any horse from a miniature foal to an adult draft horse.
Some of Our Elective and Emergency Surgical Procedures Include
- Abdominal Surgery (i.e. colic surgery, C-section)
- Arthroscopy/Tenoscopy (i.e. OCD fragment removal, joint and tendon sheath exploration)
- Fracture Repair
- Laceration Repair
- Dental and Sinus Surgery (i.e. tooth extractions, fracture repair, sinus mass removal)
- General Soft Tissue Surgery (i.e. reproductive tract, urinary tract, musculoskeletal)
- Neonatal Surgery (abdominal and orthopedic)
- Upper Airway Surgery
- Select Standing Surgical Procedures (i.e. Ovariohysterectomy, mass removal, enucleation)